To install SIDRA INTERSECTION:
- Run SIDRAINTERSECTION7Setup.exe to install. This setup file contains all the installation files and can set up the software prerequisites if required.
- After the SIDRA INTERSECTION Installation program is loaded, a series of dialog boxes will appear. Follow the instructions. Supply directory information if required. Click the Next button to proceed to the next dialog.
- During installation, the Default Software Setup dialog will appear. Select the desired Software Setup (Defaults System) and click OK. This can be changed later by clicking the Settings tab in the ribbon and using the drop-down list to select the Software Setup you want to use. The available models are:
- Standard Left: Standard defaults for driving on the left-hand side of the road (for general use in Australia, and other countries with left-hand driving rule).
- Standard Right: Standard defaults for driving on the right-hand side of the road (for general use in Europe, Canada, and other countries with right-hand driving rule).
- New Zealand: Special default set for New Zealand. Driving on the left-hand side of the road applies with a special road rule applicable in New Zealand.
- US HCM (Metric): This model is for the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) version of SIDRA INTERSECTION. Driving on the right-hand side of the road applies. Metric Units are used.
- US HCM (Customary): This model is for the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) version of SIDRA INTERSECTION. Driving on the right-hand side of the road applies. US Customary Units are used.
- New South Wales: This is a special model for users in New South Wales, Australia. The only difference from the Standard left-hand version is the default Level of Service Method setting.
- During installation, the Software Update Options dialog (Enable / Disable) will also appear. If the Administrator chooses the Disable option, the Check for Updates button will be hidden in the dialog under the File button and the Automatic Update functionality will not apply. Users will not have access to this option and cannot restore it. This can only be restored by a system Administrator via registry changes or during installation of an update (change this setting in the Software Update Options dialog).
The setup program will install:
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5 if it is not present on your computer,
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact Version 3.5 Service Pack 2 if it is not present on your computer, and
- the SIDRA INTERSECTION system files in a folder under C:\Program Files\SIDRA SOLUTIONS, or in another location that you can choose.
When installation has been completed successfully, a SIDRA INTERSECTION icon will be installed on your desktop. Also, a new program named SIDRA INTERSECTION 7 will be created under the SIDRA SOLUTIONS folder in Start - All Programs. To run SIDRA INTERSECTION, simply double-click the desktop icon.
You do not need to uninstall earlier versions before you install SIDRA INTERSECTION Version 7.