Before installing the software, please ensure that the following conditions are met:
- you are logged in with administrator rights on the computer, and
- the computer meets the system requirements
How to install SIDRA INTERSECTION
- Run SIDRAINTERSECTION91Setup.exe to install. This setup file contains all the installation files and can set up the software prerequisites if required.
- After the SIDRA INTERSECTION Installation program is loaded, a series of dialog boxes will appear. Follow the instructions. Supply directory information if required. Click the Next button to proceed to the next dialog.
- During installation, the Default Software Setup dialog will appear. Select the desired Software Setup (Defaults System) and click OK. This can be changed later by clicking the Settings tab in the ribbon and using the drop-down list to select the Software Setup you want to use. The available models are:
- Standard Left: Standard defaults for driving on the left-hand side of the road (for general use in Australia, and other countries with left-hand driving rule).
- Standard Right: Standard defaults for driving on the right-hand side of the road (for general use in Europe, Canada, and other countries with right-hand driving rule).
- New Zealand: Special default set for New Zealand. Driving on the left-hand side of the road applies with a special road rule applicable in New Zealand.
- US HCM (Metric): This model is for the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) version of SIDRA INTERSECTION. Driving on the right-hand side of the road applies. Metric Units are used.
- US HCM (Customary): This model is for the Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) version of SIDRA INTERSECTION. Driving on the right-hand side of the road applies. US Customary Units are used.
- New South Wales: This is a special model for users in New South Wales, Australia. The only difference from the Standard left-hand version is the default Level of Service Method setting.
- During installation, the Software Update Options dialog (Enable / Disable) will also appear. If the Administrator chooses the Disable option, the Check for Updates command will be blocked in the Software Info command under the File menu and the Automatic Update functionality will not apply. Users will not have access to this option and cannot restore it. This can only be restored by a system Administrator via registry changes or during installation of an update (change this setting in the Software Update Options dialog).
- For FLOATING Licence Users - during installation a dialog will also appear if you are using Windows 10 or later. If you intend to use a new FLOATING Licence, SIDRA INTERSECTION will use a web browser to open a sign-in page for you to sign in to the online FLOATING Licence account. Please select a web browser (Embedded or User Default browser) for the sign-in. If you are going to use a different type of licence, please ignore this dialog and click Next to proceed. If you choose User Default web browser, the Embedded Web Browser will not be installed. If you are using Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7, this dialog will not appear as the User Default web browser option will not work on these Windows Operating Systems. The Embedded web browser will be installed.
- The setup program will install the SIDRA INTERSECTION program files in a folder under C:\Program Files\SIDRA SOLUTIONS, or in another location that you can choose.
- When installation has been completed successfully, a SIDRA INTERSECTION icon will be installed on your desktop. Also, a new program named SIDRA INTERSECTION 9.1 will be created under the SIDRA SOLUTIONS folder in Start - All Programs.
- To run SIDRA INTERSECTION, simply double-click the desktop icon.
- You do not need to uninstall earlier versions before you install SIDRA INTERSECTION Version 9.1.
How to Uninstall
To uninstall SIDRA SOLUTIONS software, use one of the following options depending on your Windows version:
- Windows XP: Use Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs, select SIDRA INTERSECTION or SIDRA TRIP from the program list, and click the Remove button.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista: Use Control Panel - Programs and Features, select SIDRA INTERSECTION or SIDRA TRIP from the program list, and click the Uninstall button.
Deactivate the licence before uninstalling the software
In the case of the 1PC Licence or SINGLE Licence, deactivate the licence before uninstalling the software for use on another computer. Uninstalling the software will not automatically deactivate the licence.